CONTESTS & LUCKY DRAWS
Terms & Conditions
- This contest / lucky draw (“Contest” / “Lucky Draw”) is organised by Capitol Optical Pte Ltd (“COC”).
- Participation in the Contest / Lucky Draw is subject to the Contests & Lucky Draws Terms and Conditions available at http://capitol.com.sg/pages/okcontests-&-lucky-draws (“General T&Cs”) and these Terms and Conditions (“Specific T&Cs”) (collectively “T&Cs”). In the event of any inconsistency between the Specific T&Cs and the General T&Cs, the Specific T&Cs shall prevail. Entry into this Contest / Lucky Draw is deemed acceptance of these T&Cs and any amendments, additions, replacements, variations and modifications hereto, which shall be final and binding in all respects on each participant. Amendments to the T&Cs will be posted at this webpage. By entering the Contest / Lucky Draw, participants agree to be bound by and to comply with the T&Cs. Non-compliance with or breach of any of these T&Cs may disqualify a participant at any stage of the Contest / Lucky Draw, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed.
- Employees of COC and its related corporations (“COC Group”) or of COC’s partners and/or sponsors for the Contest / Lucky Draw (if applicable), and their immediate family members (including spouses, children, parents, brothers and sisters) are not eligible to participate in the Contest / Lucky Draw. Winner(s) may be required to sign a written statement confirming their eligibility before prize collection.
- Participant affirms the accuracy of all information provided at the time of Contest / Lucky Draw entry. Any misrepresentation of any fact or particulars (deemed material by COC) shall result in disqualification and/or the forfeiture, withholding, withdrawal or reclaiming of any prizes won.
- COC reserves the right, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute, withdraw, add to or alter any of the prizes offered without notice to the participants.
- COC will endeavour to hold the Lucky Draw on and at the advertised date, time and venue and by the mode (manually or electronically) as advertised, but reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct the Lucky Draw by another mode in such circumstances as COC may deem appropriate.
- Each participant may submit multiple entries but he/she cannot win more than once. However, for contests based on receipt submission, each participant can enjoy more than one winning chance IF his/her winning entries are based on different receipts. For weekly draws, all non-winning entries will be snowballed to the following week's draw.
- For any Contest that uses an SMS system, a cost of $0.21 (with GST) will be charged to the customer's prepaid or mobile phone bill. Participants below the age of 18 years must seek parental consent. SMS sent via automated applications on or from computers, mobile apps or any kind of device are ineligible for the contest. This type of SMS service is considered a Premium Rate Service (PRS). If you are unable to send your entry via SMS, you could have activated the Premium Rate Service barring service or you could have not activated the Premium Rate service. Please contact your telecommunication service provider or other provider that you have subscribed your mobile service from. Please note that SMS entries sent via automated applications on or from computers, mobile apps or any kind of device are disqualified for the contest.
- Participants for the contest will be contacted on the same day of the draw through the mobile number that participants used to send the SMS entry or indicated on the participant's email or contest form) and must satisfy all verification requirements before being declared the winner. If a participant cannot be contacted or fails to respond after 3 calls made by COC, within 24 hours from the first call, this participant will be disqualified and another winner will be selected. Winners will receive a letter to collect their prize. COC’s decision on the winners is final and no correspondence will be entertained. COC's decision at all stages of the Contest / Lucky Draw is final. No enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, shall be entertained. The participants shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by COC concerning, without limitation, these terms and conditions, the rules, procedures and regulations of the Contest / Lucky Draw, the award of prizes and any other matters relating to the Contest / Lucky Draw.
- By entering the Contest / Lucky Draw, each participant agrees that:
- any and all personal data submitted may be collected, used and/or disclosed to the COC Group for various purposes, including to communicate with the participant for purposes related to the Contest / Lucky Draw, to provide goods and services to the participant upon request, and such other purposes COC Group may reasonably deem appropriate, or in relation to which the participant has otherwise provided COC Group with consent;
- COC Group may collect, use, disclose and share amongst themselves and their respective service providers, the participant’s personal data, including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of these participants (“Material”) for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in COC Group’s publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites, in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the Contest / Lucky Draw or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and
- the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in COC without further compensation.
- Participants shall not, without the prior written approval of COC, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Contest / Lucky Draw.
- COC Group and COC’s partners and/or sponsors for the Contest / Lucky Draw (if applicable) shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death in connection with the Contest / Lucky Draw, or any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). If applicable, all warranty claims in regards to a prize should be directed to the applicable manufacturer. Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, no representations, warranties, terms or conditions that are not expressly stated in these terms and conditions apply to this Contest / Lucky Draw nor in respect of the prizes and all implied warranties are excluded, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the prizes.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and non-cash prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. COC accepts no responsibility for any tax or other liability that may arise from the prize winnings. Prizes are subject to availability and COC has the right to substitute any prize for a comparable prize of equal or greater value to be awarded in lieu, subject to any applicable law.
- Winners are required to provide their full particulars, including their full NRIC/Passport/Identification number for the purpose of verification & audit. All prizes which are not won or remain unclaimed after two (2) months of the announcement of the winners will be forfeited.